Benefits of Baby Massage
Why Baby Massage?
“I really enjoyed using the Gentle Hands Baby Massage Kit with my son. I found it a great way to bond with my baby and a relaxing and enjoyable time for both of us. My son loved me singing the rhymes from the CD, whilst I did the massage.”
- Builds loving bonds
- Helps daddy feel really involved and gives him and baby really special time together. Read our ‘daddy blog’
- Feel confident and expert with your baby
- Help your baby to sleep and enjoy some ‘you’ time!
- Massage your baby at home at a time you that suits you both
- Read our BLOG for the latest tips.Read why parents and carers love baby massage
The Science of Baby Massage
- Massage stimulates the production of the hormone oxytocin, which has a calming and pain relieving effect, which can help with teething
- Massage lowers stress and helps your baby sleep more deeply
- Massage helps to prevent baby illnesses by improving their immune function
- Massage can improve digestion and help with colic
- Massage can also help alleviate the symptoms of post-natal depression in mums
Helping you and your baby to bond
Sometimes as mums contemplate returning to work they feel may feel concerned about leaving their babies.
- Baby massage will give him security, a true feeling of being loved and help both of you to rediscover each other at the end of the day.
- Baby massage will help you reconnect with home life and focus on just you and your baby.
- Colic, common in the first twelve weeks can be helped by massage. Gently massage your baby’s tummy while singing “Here we go round the Mulberry Bush”or hum quietly.
- Hold your baby over your arm and rock while humming or singing “Rock-a-by Baby”. This can really help to alleviate a sore tummy.
The Gentle Hands Booklet will show you just what to do.
- Colds and blocked up noses can be helped by massaging your baby’s toes. Massage two or three times a day, for just a minute or two. Make it fun too by playing “This Little Piggy” as you massage.
- For a really stuffed up nose, try massaging your baby in a really warm bathroom. Put 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil in boiling water in the basin. Lay your baby on your Gentle Hands Baby Towel, on the floor but avoiding any draughts. The vapors from the oil will help to unblock stuffy noses as your baby deepens his breathing during massage.